The Sporadic Verses Homepage
The Finest in SCA Satire Since AS Twentysomething
Breakings News! (12/07) More gratuituous
tie-ins are now available! SV merchandise can now be purchased
Guaranteed to be as good as the Verses ever are!
Broken news! (9/11) The CafePress store is gone! If there is sufficient
demand, we'll make a new one!
For the moment you will have to use your imagination to fill
in this introductory material - but remember, the Sporadic Verses
were banned in at least one Kingdom, so they must be good!
Available Episodes of the Verses:
The original run of the Sporadic Verses ended with Episode 15. There
are rumours of a fragmentary Sixteenth Episode. Rumours likewise
circulate concerning the possibility of new Verses. Only time
- Episode 1, posted 11/25/97
- Episode 2, posted 12/11/97
- Episode 3, posted 12/16/97
- Episode 4, posted 10/27/98
- Episode 5, posted 10/28/98
- Episode 6, posted 10/28/98
- Episode 7, posted 10/29/98
- Episode 8, posted 10/29/98
- Episode 9, posted 11/5/98
- Episode 10, posted 11/9/98
- Episode 11, posted 11/24/98
- Episode 12, posted 12/10/98
- Episode 13, posted 12/23/98
- Episode 14, posted 12/23/98
- Episode 15, posted 12/23/98
The popularity (ahem) of the Sporadic Verses spawned, yes,
SV Merchandise! The first, and thankfully only, of these
monstrosities was The Sporadic Lands Advanced Game System
(the acronym is left as an exercise for the reader).
The complete series first ran in the Dorinda, the newsletter
of the shire of Caer Galen, Outlands, in the early 1990's.
Several episodes, perhaps three, were reprinted in the Cheesecloth,
the newsletter of the Canton of Whyt Whey, East, in 1995.
1. No actual guarantee exists. The word guarantee
is used here in a purely rhetorical sense. If you've read the Verses, you
probably guessed that.
2. One person would be sufficient demand. If
you understand the SV authors' attitude toward shoddy tie-ins, you
probably guessed that. So if you can't live without an LPLF front button
or a P.E.L.I.C.A.N. mug or some random thing on a mousepad, just email me
Last Update 24 Sep 2011
Back to Alexandre's SCA Page
Jeff Berry aka
Alexandre Lerot d'Avigné, email@example.com